The Heirloom PaaS Dashboard allows you to become a System Operator in your own cloud-based Virtual Datacenter. ELPaaS is the Heirloom Computing's platform-as-a-service that runs your enterprise Java, COBOL, CICS applications and their data in a IT-compatible production environment duplicating your on-site IT datacenter operations procedures and best practices. Bring up and tear down CICS regions, applications and database instances. Heirloom PaaS manages compute, storage, backups and RAS. Heirloom PaaS provides the CICS, COBOL and database connection compatibility (using the Elastic COBOL runtime compatibility engine) with your mainframe or open system COBOL, transaction, batch and/or Java environments.
The Heirloom PaaS Dashboard is your window into the cloud-based Virtual Datacenter management. Access the dashboard from paas.heirloomcomputing.com > Sign In > Dashboard. You manage all aspects of production Enterprise applications as they are deployed to the cloud:
- Start / Stop instances of your applications
- Observe the behavior on system resources (CPU utilization, Network bandwidth, Connected users and Web requests and response time)
- Manage the data associated with the applications
- See the automatic data backup and manage the retention of backups
- Restore from any backup to a new, duplicate, running instance of the application
Here's an overview of the Heirloom PaaS dashboard:
The Heirloom PaaS Dashboard consists of a number of portlets or information centers for instances, volumes backups. Group administrators observe the applications of the group members, start or pause applications on their behalf or backup and restore instances. With your subscription comes standard backups and retention policies of all your Enterprise applications running in the cloud:
- Daily backup of data volumes, retention for 1 week
- Weekly backup of data volumes, retention for 5 weeks
- Monthly backup of data volumes, retention for 7 years
You can also take "immediate" backups at any time, such as before starting an application upgrade.
To bring up these portlets right-click in the page header and select from the menu,
- Show Summary - Display the Summary Portlet.
- Show Users - Displays the User ID Portlet with the group's members (group administrators only).
- Show Instances - Display the Instances Portlet indicating running production applications or those recently terminated (ELPaaS) or development-as-a-service (Elastic COBOL) environments you are managing in the cloud. From this portlet you have the ability to show other information about instances.
- The Statistics Portlet displays information about the application operating environment.
- Show Data Volumes - Display the Data Volumes Portlet to show all allocated persistent data volumes (application files and databases) associated with your account or (if you're an admin) your group. From this portlet you have the ability to show other information about volumes.
- The Backup Calendar Portlet is used to manage backup tapes of volumes.
- Show History - Display the History Portlet to show history of instance start/stop, data volume creation or removal and backups taken that are associated with your user account.
- Minimize All - Minimize all open portlets. You can reposition those portlets on the screen by dragging and dropping from each portlet's header.
- Expand All - Open all portlets within the Heirloom PaaS Dashboard.
- Close All - Close all open portlets. You can re-open them by redisplaying this menu.
- Help - Access the Heirloom Computing Heirloom PaaS Dashboard forum.
Each portlet have a common view and size and may contain filtering and column selection and sorting capabilities. To filter the list of information presented, select the column in the Filter pull-down (First Name in the example below) and enter the first few characters in the box that follows. To search for specific values anywhere in the table, enter the string into the Search box
You can rearrange columns in the list by dragging the column header to a new position. Sort rows based on values in a column by clicking its header. You can select the columns to be displayed by clicking to the right of header and checking the columns to be displayed in the pull-down menu,
For Heirloom Computing Systems Management facilities see the sections below and on the Heirloom PaaS Dashboard forum.
- Summary Portlet
- Instance Portlet
- Volume Portlet
- User Portlet
- History Portlet
- Backup Portlet
- Statistic Portlet