You must make sure that your 'elasticcobol.properties' license file (sent to you via email) is in the right location, otherwise your product will not activate properly.
- Download your product from the portal.
- Save the 'elasticcobol_vYY.MM.DD.zip' file to your disk (we'll use 'c:\tmp' as an example location).
- Create an empty target folder for where you want the product to be stored (we'll use 'c:\users\brad\desktop\ecobol' as an example location).
- Open the 'c:\tmp\elasticcobol_vYY.MM.DD.zip' file, and use CTRL/A to select the contents, and then CTRL/C to copy the selected contents.
- Open the target folder 'c:\users\brad\desktop\ecobol', and use CTRL/V to paste the contents of the zip file into this folder.
- Right-click on the application, and select 'Create Shortcut'.
- Right-click on the 'eclipse - Shortcut' file and click 'Rename'.
- Type 'ecobol' and hit enter.
- Drag the 'ecobol' shortcut to your desktop.
- Start the Elastic COBOL IDE via the 'ecobol' shortcut.